How many people hear so much about the important details in books that are ignored once it came down to the movie script being finalized?
I feel like they miss important details that made the book all the more real for me. All of those subtleties and subtext along with foreshadowing.. So much of these movies could be better understood if parts of the book weren't skimmed over or altered..
How many of the people who watch the first Jurassic Park movie and not question why the dinosaurs were able to reproduce while all of them were known to be female? I know why. I read the book.
Also, who could forget the instances where movies, or parts of them, surpass the book? Those memorable quotes, quips and scenes that just blow you away but were never actually any part of the book whatsoever. I accept those improvements. They don't discredit the book, and they draw the audience in more.
For example, "Clever girl", in reaction to the wiley raptor that not so much as outsmarted but proved to be smarter was so much more thrilling.
Sure, as a child I didn't care. It was all about the adventure!
I'm on a mission to disclose my opinion concerning movies that have been created from books. As often as I feel up to it, I will be detailing certain aspects that are lost, mislead or even changed between the adaptation from book to film.
No comments:
Post a Comment